NOTICE OF MEETING
The Board of Trustees of Trinity Valley Community College will meet in regular session at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, March 26, 2012, in the Board Room of the Orval Pirtle Administration Building, Athens, Texas. Dinner will be served for the Board Members in the Cafeteria at 6:30 p.m., where portions of the President’s Report may be presented. No business will be discussed.
1. Open meeting with prayer.
2. Consider public comments.
3. Public Information Report.
4. President’s Report.
5. Consider minutes of the February 27, 2012 meeting.
6. Consider business, financial, and investment reports for February 2012.
7. Consider and discuss approval of the 2012-2013 college calendar.
8. Consider and discuss canceling the Board of Trustees election in Districts 4, 5, and 8 as no other candidates have applied for election.
9. Consider and discuss request for an additional financial aid staff member.
10 Consider an order authorizing the issuance of Trinity Valley Community College Consolidated Fund Revenue Bonds, Series 2012, the refunding of the Trinity Valley Community College Consolidated Fund Revenue Bonds, Series 2005, and other matters in connection therewith.
11. Closed meeting to discuss land and/or personnel in accordance with Govt. Codes 551.072 and 551.074.
(1) Stephen “Chip” Chilton – Resigned – Psychology Professor
(2) Dosha King – Retirement – English/Dev. Studies Professor
(3) William “Bill” Vinson – Retirement – Electronics Instructor -
b. New Hires:
(1) Branson L. Blake, Systems Administrator
(1) Joshua Cheek – Additional job duty – Part-time Housing
d. Other personnel issues